Cosmetic » Air Polishing
What exactly is Air Polishing?
Air Polishing is a gentle cosmetic dental treatment that quickly and effectively removes unwanted stains on the front and back of teeth.
The procedure utilises a fine jet of compressed air, water and fine powder particles to gently and completely remove staining caused by tea, coffee, red wine and tobacco, as well as staining caused by some mouthwashes.
Why use Air Polishing?
Air Polishing has many advantages, none more so than the fact that it is a gentle procedure that greatly reduces discomfort to those suffering from sensitive teeth.
The advantages of Air Polishing in comparison to other traditional methods of dental polishing:
- Removes up to 100% of dental plaque thereby helping to prevent decay, gingivitis and gum disease
- Can be used on dental implants
- Far more effective than a traditional polish
- No heat generated by the procedure
- No contact with the teeth, or pressure against the teeth
Additionally Air Polishing is a much more gentle process of stain removal and leaves patients with an evenly smooth surface across their teeth.
Air Polishing has proven results to remove the toughest stains caused by day to day drinking and smoking.